Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I'm back and ready to attack!

Attack some cake that is!

Convention was a blast!! I had so much fun. We had lots of classes and demonstrations. I met some famous cake peeps and learned a ton. Of course there is always shopping and going out with friends which I think is just as fun. I didn't get as many pictures of our get togethers as I would have liked, I was having too much fun. Maybe my friends will share their pictures. :) Here are a few pictures though of my classes and other fun things.

Michelle Bommarito. She has been on tv competitions and is a wonderful artist!

My friend Kim in her class.

Me in Michelle's class.

Dragon demo with Kelly Lance.

The massive ICES 2010 display cake. This was in the main convention building we used.

Becky Rink in her demo on cake sculpting.

We took off one night with friends to see the beach. This was in La Jolla but that spot way out there is my favorite place in San Diego. :) Maybe my favorite place period, Coronado.

Friends... Connie, Diane and Wendy. Oh and some random people. haha

My sock puppet shark class with Mike Elder. Ok it wasn't suppose to be a sock puppet, it just came out that way. :) Mike has won like 3 cake competitions on tv. He's fab and was such a nice guy!

Norm Davis, also a Food Network tv star. He is also super nice. Love him!

This is the cake Norm demo'd. I love to paint on cakes, I love fall, I have to try this one!

We did go to Coronado one night for dinner because I know this is the best Mexican food around. (your welcome!) YUM. It was so yummy and so much fun to hang out with everyone. We were for sure the loudest people there!

It was Connie's birthday and so when the fireworks started to go off we went out to look and told her it was all for her. ;) There had actually just been a wedding so I assume it was that or who knows maybe they always have fireworks there.

I am so excited and refreshed and ready to make some killer cakes. :) I have lots of new things to try. It was so much fun and I am already planning for next year!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Followers

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels