Friday, August 6, 2010

Welcome to my Bligidy Blog!

I am excited to start this blog! I think it is a fun way to share what I love to do and give out information about my business. :) So welcome! You can find ordering info up top in those linkies. If you have questions just email, call or leave me a message.

Getting Started:
I have always loved baking. My mom taught me fractions by teaching me how to bake. I was baking cookies on my own very young, maybe 8? In 2002 I had my first child and soon after decided I needed to figure out something I could do, but still be flexible with my schedule so I could stay home with her. I thought I would start planning parties and was looking into that. I found an online course to take and it recommended taking a class on things your vendors would do. My first class to take was a cake decorating class. I think after I came home from that first class I knew cake decorating was it for me. I like to plan parties but I LOVE to bake and decorate! I finished my classes, practiced recipes and tecniques and in 2003 I opened my business. My first cake, other than class cakes, was my daughters 1st birthday cake.

I think I have come a looooong way since then. haha Her middle name is Rose so that was my theme.

I also love to make chocolates and favors. I have a family recipe for a coconut ball, (looks like a truffle) that is wonderful. It could be compared to an almond joy type flavor. YUM I love to make truffles as well, chocolate dipped and decorated pretzels, cookies and spoons. Occasionally I get a chance to make pies or some other dessert item too. Of course cookies. I think my favorite thing to eat myself would be a cookie. :) Decorating them is fun too.



This tray has cookies, chocolate truffles in various coatings and the coconut balls.

Thank you again for stopping by. Let me know you were here and Eat Cake!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Followers

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels